Blustery best describes our Fall weather incarnation. Wind swept customers usher through our door swathed in sweater; and I love that when I mentioned sweeping up the volunteer leaves on our store concrete floor...Lee said something to this effect: 'Leave them...they are gorgeous.' Perfect.
One of our dear customers came in this week to buy 5 Red Feather...a specific mission for adorning her dining room table. Such a sophisticated choice. Red Feather somehow reminds me of Japanese lacquer...black and red. And I learned more about this dear customer through our requisite banter. She is of Italian descent (in fact just back from a marvelous trip to Sicily.) Her trip to glassybaby was a key element in preparing to celebrate her birthday. Her master birthday plan included:
- inviting three couples for dinner
- gorgeously decorating her dining table complete with 5 new Red Feather glassybaby (an addition to what she already has)
- preparing dinner herself (including homemade pasta)
- giving a fabulous bottle of Red wine to each of the men with homemade biscotti
- giving a glassybaby to each of the women
She explained humbly that it is her tradition to give her friends gifts upon celebrating her birthday and one word came to my mind: generosity. So...it only seems fitting to say: 'Happy Birthday to generosity'...I did not catch her name.
Last note...a holiday teaser...we are on the brink of producing a beautiful custom made and designed glassybaby menorah. The last design details are being honed...we'll keep you posted.
Until Next Time, Nicola