Happy Holidays from glassybaby. If you are reading this with glassybaby color in your web shopping cart...retreat...press 'check out' now. We are working at a briskness...an exciting briskness...and our inventory is dwindling; however we have double shifts working daily to stay the attrition. If you find color online, rest assured, we will send it to you. And you will find plenty of color in our stores. Thanks for giving the gift of light.
A warm welcome to Ed Ives, who has joined our New York City, Hudson glassybaby team (see, slightly blurry, I Phone, photo above.) The Hudson Store light bulbs and glassybaby are burning a little brighter...simply because Ed has arrived. Fun facts to share about Ed:
- he was born and raised in Bedford, New York...the same Bedford of our Bedford Brown glassybaby...swanky Eastern hamlet
- he became a childhood friend of Lee's upon a move to the West Coast
- he holds both gold and silver medals for feats, respectively, in the Goodwill Games and Olympics rowing competitions
- he skates to work...destination 555 Hudson glassybaby
- he hands out glassybaby story cards at opportune moments like whe he is in line for coffee
- he is 7 feet tall...and has a teenage daughter who is 6 foot 1 inch
- he is cherished by glassybaby...for the 'wing and a prayer' that landed him in our New York Store...a serendipity that is signature glassybaby
Back at home base...at the Madrona Mothership...our Shipping Manager, Kim, has proven once again that she is indeed super human. She works at mach speed, tirelessly, with her trained team of glassybaby elves...2 Nicks, a Lindsey and an Alex. Our shipping team can move mountains...mountains of glassybaby. We are in awe of them and thank them.
Endnote...we announce the arrival of, a precious, not to be duplicated, glassybaby...color name? Finn. Our Production Manager, Paul Cunningham, and his beyond lovely wife, Kate...welcomed, into the world, their son, Finn Thorbeck Cunningham, born December 4th, 2010. He is perfect, a great glassybaby glower.
Happy Holidays...enjoy every glowing moment. More Soon, Nicola