For a lovely, lovely blog experience go to What Feeds My Soul: http://whatfeedsmysoul-aha.blogspot.com/. Amy Hermes Anderson writes eloquently about many soulful things including glassybaby. She is a glassybaby friend, evangelist and collector. As you scroll through her many posts, glassybaby imagery surfaces...signature Amy (and she is apparently a professional photgrapher as well.)
What is better than a photograph of, bursting with pink, peonies in new fern (I think) glassybaby...bathed in ambient day light? operatic beauty. Amy's post entitled: "The Power of Flowers" articulates a floral sensibility...
"For as long as I can remember from my childhood my mom loved flowers. In fact, yesterday she sent me an email with the subject line "Sun and flowers- two of my favorite things!" Well, the sum is not shining in Seattle today, so I bought myself flowers for a little pick-me-up. It is so simple, but flowers truly have all kinds of power- the power to lift my spirits, to heal, to show gratitude, to connect generations, to brighten dark, cold, winter days."
Another photograph (see above) posted on December 25th gives us a glance to Amy's holiday dinner table...with both literal joy (red glassybaby) and metaphoric joy emanating. Thanks Amy for letting glassybaby feed your soul.
If there is a harbinger story that anticipates the arrival of Valentine's Day...this is it...a true story from last week with distinct red overtones and love swirling all around. Marty called our Madrona Store to hatch a surprise plan for his, beloved, Molly. Here is the time line that unfolded:
- the local Volvo dealership delivered a brand new, red hot, Volvo to our Madrona neighborhood
- the keys were dropped to Annjette...our, poker faced, Marty co-conspirator
- Marty and Molly arrived to shop for glassybaby
- Molly chose a hudson and a big apple glassybaby
- as Marty distracted Molly...Anjette,ringing up the sale, dropped the Volvo keys and a note into the big apple glassybaby
- in an Academy Award worthy performance...Annjette said quizically to Molly: "There is something in your glassybaby..."
- the rest is history...see Molly receiving her Volvo above...so 'Valentinian'
Marty took the time to scribe an email of gratitude to us...in part, he said: "She has 7 babies now...dolphin, blue eyes, necklace, root beer, angel,...now joined by big apple and hudson. She also has a fiery little red Volvo that burns with as much spirit, intensity and beauty as the babies. Your work through the amazing glass, to touch people's lives as you did ours...and all the giving back to the community that you do...is truly something that humbles us, and something we are thrilled to be a small part of."
Thanks Marty. We like your style...and we like Molly's style too.
More Soon, Nicola